Snag a Button

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Virginia is for Lovers

After a long weekend with the fiance, I've realized a long weekend just isn't enough. Every time I have to leave him or vice versa, it gets harder and harder. I love him with every part of me and I now know that my home is wherever he is. It's hard to go to work here or do anything else because all I really want is to be with him.
However, as short as the weekend was it was also very successful. We completed our required pre-marital class, that was actually wonderful. It was very informational and I think it was a great class for anyone preparing for marriage. We also went apartment hunting. The first couple of apartments were a complete bust (let's just say a 700 sq ft apt that was a 2 bedroom, no thanks). But after a few stressful apartments and my hope of finding a place slowly starting to diminish, we saw a few good ones and a couple great ones that are definitely contenders. I am very excited for us to get our own place. The thought of decorating is very exciting to me. I keep finding things that I would want to use and I cannot wait!
The next major event is I will be traveling to New Mexico to see my cousin and her family. Also, to be there for the birth of her second daughter. I am so excited! I have not seen her in what is probably a little over 10 years and I have not met her husband or her oldest daughter. I really hope this next month goes by quickly!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad that you had a successful time apartment hunting and had a great weekend! :)

Jillian said...

Thanks, me too. It was a little stressful but all in all it turned out really well. We were able to find nice places close to Dam Neck!