Snag a Button

Thursday, July 19, 2012

A New Start

On May 19th, I married my best friend and love of my life! It was such a great day and went, for the most part, pretty smooth. After all the planning and preparations that went into it, I can't believe how quickly it went by. It was so great to share our wedding day with so many family and friends. We were able to have a lot of our family there that we haven't seen in a very long time. Almost my cousins were there from my mom's side with a few exceptions who were greatly missed! 


For the most part, everything turned out great. Somethings I wish would have gone a little better but you can't win them all can you? We haven't been able to take a honeymoon yet due to money and time issues. But we're doing things together little by little and next week while hubby is on leave we're going camping, not exactly what I dreamed my honeymoon would be but it's something we're doing together.

On June 1st, we moved into our first apartment together here in Virginia Beach! Although it has it's flaws, it's pretty nice. And even more special because it's our first place together. It's close to pretty much everything and when hubby switches duty stations he'll *hopefully* not have to deal with tooooo much traffic!!! But who am I kidding? This is VA Beach and traffic is a b*#%h no matter where you go! 

Moving away from my family and friends has been difficult and an adjustment to say the least. I have one of my cousins down here, so that helps. But I really miss having my friends and more family. I have been trying to get a job or maybe go to school to meet some people but nothing seems to be working out. So for the most part I sit in our apartment during the day (unless I get up to take hubby to work) and do things around here. I really want to make some new friends down here but I just don't know where to start.


As far as school is concern, I feel like I'm getting nowhere. I applied at 2 colleges which is fine and dandy except I don't forsee being able to afford to go in the fall. I guess I will put it off yet again and see where the next year takes us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, your wedding looks absolutely beautiful! And how exciting, your first place together! We have a little place down here in Va Beach too. Like you said it isn't perfect, but it is our own place! And making friends can be hard but there are a lot of us super awesome military spouses in the area! I actually met my two good friends down here through blogging! If you want you can add me on Facebook, you can find me by bld194@yahoo.com! Also, because I am kind of a veteran when it comes to going to school now, I want to recommend FAFSA and MyCAA. These are two things to look into when you need funding for school. I use FAFSA and have more than enough to cover a year of classes! I wish you the best of luck in all you do! I'm sure once you get into your home and get settled everything will start falling into place! :)