Snag a Button

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Less then a year!!

By now pretty much everybody knows that Josh and I are engaged. He proposed New Years eve and it was amazing :). He is my soul mate and I can't wait to spend my life with him. We're getting married May 19, 2012 and it's hard to believe that there is less then a year to go. What's even harder to believe is how much I've decided without him being here.
Josh was deployed about 2 weeks after we got engaged and I have to say planning this wedding with him gone has not been easy. In the beginning I doubted every single decision I made (not my dress though, that I found two weeks after we got engaged and was sure about). When I found the hall, I doubted it. When I found decorations I liked, I doubted them. I didn't want to make a decision and have it be the "wrong" one. But Josh has been great. He has been very supportive and has told me that no matter what, I won't make the wrong decision. And besides he'll be home in plenty of time before the wedding that if we need to adjust something we have time. Plus my parents have been great and have been helping me through my many meltdowns :).
I have some of the major decisions down. I've booked the church, the hall, the DJ (my wonderful cousin), the photographer (thanks Steve) and the caterer (OH MY am I excited to eat that food!!). I've picked the bridesmaid dresses and then picked them again when they got discontinued. We have the general theme, spring.
Now everything that's left to do is a bunch of little stuff. I'm hoping it all comes together and that the wedding as beautiful as I picture it. But even if everything falls apart I know there is one important thing, in the end Josh and I will be married <3


No comments: