Snag a Button

Monday, October 31, 2011

Best. Fiance. EVER.

I am sure every girl thinks this about her fiance and I am definitely no exception! I have always felt amazingly lucky to have Josh in my life, but this weekend just proved how great he is.

Yesterday was my 21st birthday and I have been looking forward to it for a while (which I'm sure most people do). When Josh asked the question, "What do you want for your birthday?" back in September I could only think of one thing, to see him! I told him that the only thing I really wanted was for him to be able to take a few days and come see me. Unfortunately, he told me that he had duty on my birthday. There was still a little hope that maybe he could take a few leave days, that was until I had my little emotional breakdown earlier this month. After he took leave earlier this month to come and see me I definitely did not think he would come this weekend...little did I know.

I had come to terms with not being able to see Josh and had made plans with some friends and my parents. I was sad I couldn't see him but had come to terms with it and was going to make the best out of my birthday. However, my dad had been trying to convince me to wait until next weekend (instead of Saturday night) to go out saying, "You'll officially be 21 and won't have any problem getting in anywhere." But I stuck to my guns and made plans anyways.

Friday when I got home from work though, I got a huge birthday surprise...Josh was here!!!!!! I was so incredibly happy and definitely speechless. He parked his car down the street and hid under blankets on the couch. I was oblivious to him being there at first but once I saw him I screamed. I have to say my birthday weekend was definitely amazing and I had a great time!

Saturday we were able to hang out with some of my friends and then Sunday we went to the Rocky Horror show with my parents! It was a blast. I got pulled up on stage and the guy that played Frank N Furter sang "livin la vida birthday" to me while basically giving me lap dance. It was hilarious! Here are some pictures:

Josh and I <3
 Frank N Furter singing to me!




And just in case you're wondering...my dad took video of me getting surprised! Here it is:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!



No comments: