Snag a Button

Thursday, October 13, 2011

On a completely random note...

"Are you going to school?". I get asked this question a lot. And the answer that I give to everyone is, "not right now. I'm planning a wedding and thinking about what I want to do. I'm hoping after the wedding I'll have a better grasp on what I want to do career wise." But my thinking for that answer is, "Yeah, right." To be honest I don't have the slightest clue what I want to do. I have changed my mind approximately 5 times, if not more, since graduating high school. I have had different choices and some choices I keep going back to. Yes, I know I am only 20 years old so I still have some time. But my thinking is, what if I never decide?
There are two things in life that I'm certain I want to be, a wife and some day down the road a mother. But as for making money who knows? I know that after we're married I am going to get a job. I like staying busy and I also like having my own source of income. I don't like relying on other people. That has always been difficult for me. If I don't have to ask you for anything, chances are I'm not going to.
The one thing I have been contemplating lately is owning my own business. I don't really know why this thought is so appealing to me. Maybe because I like interacting with people and setting my own pace. However, I don't see it happening anytime soon, or ever for that matter. Especially being married to a Military man. Moving constantly would not be conducive to owning my own busy (such as maybe a self-serve Yogurt Shop. Don't ask me why I want to own one of those. I just think it would be cool.). My mom has said I could start my own business online, so that way it would be able to travel with me wherever we went. This would be a fantastic idea, however, I have no clue what kind of business I would start online. I am certainly not a crafty person, so I am thinking making stuff would be out of the question. But there is one thing my mom has mentioned. In the process of planning the wedding I have had a hard time finding a lot of stuff I need. So the only online business idea I could even think of would be something wedding related. Maybe selling things I had a hard time finding. 
But right now I'm not sure. I guess the only thing I can truly say is we will see what the future holds.

No comments: