Snag a Button

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Close to A Standstill

Well I really shouldn't stay standstill. The day is drawing closer, slowly but surely, when I will no longer be Jillian Holdridge (I mean seriously we're just over 7 months away!!!!). But as for planning, or doing anything else big for the wedding, there really hasn't been much. It seems that most everything is done, all that's left is little details here and there. And seriously who would have known that I would have such a hard time deciding on my shoes of all things. Hopefully soon we'll be doing test runs of the favors to make sure what we have planned is going to work right. I am so excited for the favors but I know it's probably not going to be easy, considering we're making them all. I also put a down payment on the wedding cake. When I went in we talked shape and design to make sure we were on the same page. I can't wait to see what it ends up looking like. I've seen their work before (a similar cake included) and I think it's going to be beautiful. We still have yet to fully commit to a Unity Candle. I have such a specific idea in mind for it that I really can't just go to Hobby Lobby or Michaels to buy it. I've been looking on this website Etsy and have, unfortunately, find a couple different ones that both Josh and I like. Making the decision even harder because now we have to choose between them. I feel like it's the little stuff that has been kicking my butt, trying to decide for sure on certain things. I want to be sure of my decision so come wedding day I won't say, "Oh, I wish I would have gone with that instead.". But let's be honest, I don't think I'm going to do that. I know, like so many people have told me, that come the wedding day, nothing else will matter. And I feel this is most certainly true. I think one thing I am truly thankful for though is hiring a decorator. It saves me and my family and friends the stress of having to rush in Saturday morning to decorate and it also saves me the stress of having to buy every little thing and make sure it gets set up properly.
The biggest non-wedding thing happening in the next four months is that Josh will be finding out where he will be stationed come July. For me it is scary and exciting all in one. I have never lived away from my family and just knowing that we could end up on the other side of the country is a very scary feeling. But at the same time I am very excited to start my life with Josh and to be on my own.

No comments: